- 1 1/2 Cups of Chicken Broth (homemade recipe here)
- 1 1/2 Cups of Milk (preferable raw)
- 3/4 cup flour (or for gluten free, add 1/4-1/2 cup of tapioca flour or arrowroot)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Dash of paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1. Pour chicken broth and 1/2 cup of milk into medium pot. Heat to a light boil while adding all spices.
2. Pour the 1 cup of remaining milk into measuring cup or bowl and add flour (or substitute) and whip well with wire whisk.
3. Once broth and milk in pot have started to boil, slowly add the milk/flour mixture to the boiling pot and whip or stir constantly.
4. Keep stirring over medium heat until mixture begins to thicken. Continue until you have reached the consistency you prefer (depends on the recipe you wish to use it in!)
5. If mixture becomes too thick, simply add a bit more chicken broth and stir well.
This recipe makes enough for most casserole dishes or a large chicken pot pie. Amounts to about 3 1/2 cups.